Monday, May 5, 2014

Fauans Journey

My big question was this, could I play a single character through all five Elder Scrolls games? With this in mind I had to do a little looking into the average life span of the races of Tamriel. Obviously the human races were out, only living to about 100 years. The recorded history of the beast races doesnt really exist making it hard to figure out how long they live. Going off gut instinct I figure Khajiit live slightly shorter lives than humans, 80 or so years. As for Argonians, throwing them a bone for being reptilian and immune to disease, I would guess around 150 years. Elves... well while some are said to have lived for a thousand years, it seems to me that most live a couple hundred, 300 being considered quite old.
 
There we have it, all this considered, I pretty much have to pick an elf. Which I am ok with. In the Elder Scrolls timeline, Arena takes place in 3E 399. The timeline also states when the Eternal Champion is born, 3E 370. While it does mention that the birth of the hero of Daggerfall takes place in 3E 375, we're gonna ignore that because no other games mention the birth of the hero, probably because Bethesda realized that people wanted to make their own story about their character. From the Eternal Champions birth to the end of the Oblivion Crisis is 63 years, from 3E 370-3E 433. From here the fourth era begins. The events of Skyrim happen at 4E 201. So from birth in 3E 370 to Skyrim at 4E 201 we have 264 years. So while our elf may be elderly at this point, they are still capable. This also means I can do something cool and age my character over this time.

So after figuring that I would have to use an elf, I now had the question, "Which one?" And for that I first had to figure out what class I would be. I did so simply by answering the questions at the start of Arena. I ended up with Archer so I went with the obvious choice of Wood Elf.


Now we stand at the beginning of a long journey. Fauan Oaklock, female Wood Elf Archer. The great destined hero of Nirn.


No comments:

Post a Comment