Monday, May 5, 2014

Infinium

I've heard tale of an ancient tome, the Oghma Infinium, a book of immense power said to grant whoever reads it demi-god like abilities. These stories led me to the dungeon of Morritor in Skyrim, where a map was said to lie containing the location of the arcane tome. Traversing the dark and hostile dungeon, I came upon a chest. I bashed the lock with my broadsword and found what I was searching for, the map. Upon it, the location of the ancient text, the crypt of Trogerugoth in the far off land of the Summerset Isle.


I settled in Sunhold, a beautiful city merely a stones throw away from the old crypt. Here I rested and mended my gear in preparation for my journey into the dank, cold halls of the dead. One night in the tavern, I overheard a drunk rambling on about the king of this fair city being possessed by demons... I will look further into this once I have gained the knowledge from the Infinium.

I set forth into the crypt. The undead, necromancers and orcs haunting its halls. And the spiders... by the gods the spiders. Giant skittering creatures with massive fangs and a venom that will paralyze you in an instant, forcing you to watch as the vile thing slowly sucks the juices out of your body. But against all this, hiding in a far corner of the lowest part of the dungeon was a chest. Small and unassuming. No great guard, no shrine. Just a chest. The Infinium sitting inside, the knowledge of the ageless one, Xarxes, now in my possession. A surge of arcane power blasts through my body, my speed and agility unbound! The journey back to Sunhold under cover of night is a simple one with my new found abilities. Now to see about this possessed king...


No comments:

Post a Comment