Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Ice Fortress

Returning to Winterhold, to Skyrim. I must make my way to the Fortress of Ice to find where the next piece of the staff lies...

Greeted by the smooth, glass-like surfaces of ice, emerald, and saphire, I take my first steps into the great fortress. Puffs of my breath billowing in front of my as I shake off the cold. Off in the distance I hear the growls of frost wolves, the clanking of knights armor, and... something else. I cant quite put my finger on it, but there is a heavy, thunderous footfall echoing through the chambers. I dread what I might see in these halls, but I must continue on. The tablet to decifer the Elder Scroll is waiting for me here, waiting to reveal the location of the second piece of the Staff of Chaos.


Guarding the tablet piece was an enormous Ice Golem... my long bow didnt even scratch its armor. How was I to kill it? I had come across a Mithril Bow in my travels, not using it because I felt that maybe the magical enchantments on my normal bow made it stronger, but now with this mighty foe before me, I took the chance and used it. The force which the arrows took from this bow was astounding!  Piercing the thick armor of the golem, magical force pouring from the wounds. Soon I was standing over its corpse, tablet in hand. Back to the Mages Guild in Winterhold to figure out the location of the Labyrinthian, the location of the second piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment