Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Staff of Magnus

While my inquiries into the possessed king came up fruitless, on my way out of the palace I hear mention of a man in a local tavern claiming to know how to locate the great Staff of Magnus. I entered the Thirsty Gull with low expectations, my recent time with the king has made me cautious of rumor. But there at the bar a man spoke in hushed tones about the Staff. Of course, I had to bribe him to get any real information out of him. He told tale of a man in the Blades that went looking for the staff, map in hand. He was slain and the map lost. The last location of this Blade was in the cavern of Druthor in the great deserts of Elsweyr. First I will head to the local smith for gear repairs and then I will make the journey.
I journeyed strait to Druthor, not wanting to waste any time in the nearest town. With that man at the bar speaking to anyone about the maps location, time was of the essence. Orcs rule these caverns. No bother, the energies of the Oghma Infinium coursing through me, there is hardly a foe that can stand in my way. Down, down, down to the lowest level of the cavern... what was this Blade searching for here? Quickly I come across the body of the man, map waiting in his pack. It reveals to me my target lies in the catacombs of Gripangod in Valenwood...
Eldenroot, a city in the heart of Valenwood. Gripangod isn't far now. I will sell the goods I found in Druthor for some money for repairs, stock up on potions, then steel myself for my journey to find the great Staff.
I pass through Gripangod nearly unhindered, the denizens of this foul place falling quickly before my arrows. I don't know why, but I always feel as if these ancient, powerful items should be guarded by great beasts and horrid armies... yet they are usually sitting unassuming in some random corner of some random place... I guess that's

why they were forgotten. I know carry the Staff of Magnus. I know its useless to me, but maybe I can find the right person for it for the right price. Now I continue my quest for the second peace of the Staff of Chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment