Thursday, May 15, 2014

Labyrinthian



Dark, twisted passageways, great halls, and riddles. That's what welcomes me here in the Labyrinthian. A tale of two brothers looking for the secret of life. The elder brother was Kanen, strong and cunning, looking for riches and jewels. The younger brother, Mogrus, was a dull witted giant. A lumbering oaf. They too ventured into these halls. Looking for immortality. In their failure they found it. Locked away forever, roaming these halls as shades, they found their immortality. Lucky for me, I'm here for a piece of a staff, not life everlasting. The tales inscribed on the walls lead me through this great maze. Locked doors telling me I need to quest through Mogrus' domain to obtain the key to unlock the first of two doors.

Through ghosts and goblins and golems I fought, leaping pits of lava and crawling through pitch black tunnels, and finally coming upon the shade of Mogrus. A riddle, if I get it right, I get the key. If I get it wrong, I must face this powerful creature. Nothing. The key is mine. But how can I let this creature haunt these caverns? I open the cell of Morgrus and face him. My arrows shredding his essence as he throws dark and twisted magics at me. Soon he is nothing. Now for Kanen...



His halls twist and turn, tying knots in themselves. Treasure guarded by ghouls and zombies and golems and hell hounds dot the rooms. I've fought so many. I fear my gear may break soon... I hope it holds out. After so much time in these maddening halls, I finally come to the cell of Kanen. He tells me his riddles and I answer quickly. I take the Sapphire key and then turn to him. He much be released. I bash the lock on his cell and attack. His spells wound me greatly and as I fire arrow after arrow upon him, he escapes... wounded, I make my way back to the main hall. To my prize locked behind great doors, to the second piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment